Saturday, August 14, 2010

My Many Recent Travels- Palm Beach

So, It has been a while since my last post (5 months to be exact), but since then I have done A LOT of traveling! I have been to Palm Beach to receive my national award for my kitchen design, I have gone to the Kitchen and Bath Industry Show in Chicago, then I spent 10 days with some good friends on their yacht in Alabama and made custom bedding for their forward cabin, then I went back to Chicago again for NeoCon. After that, I spent a couple weeks in the Ozark Mountains trying to rest up for my last quarter of school.

These pictures are from my fabulous 5 day stay at The Breakers in Palm Beach, FL. This is one of the most exquisite hotel/resorts in the country. In a city full of billionaires you can count on the best staffing and the most luxurious offerings. My room looked out to the beautiful Atlantic Ocean, which was so blue and beautiful. I walked the beach every evening I was there-it was so relaxing. Sub-Zero/Wolf took care of all expenses, which made the trip even more enjoyable, because I don't think I would have ever been able to go if that wasn't the case. Room rates can top $2000/night here!

There was a huge gala honoring all the winning designers, including me- the national winning student! I was the only student there out of the whole world! It was absolutely fabulous and such a wonderful honor to be able to meet such amazing designers and receive such nice feedback from them.

In the two pictures where I am standing with another person, the man I am with is the very well known Jamie Drake from NYC with Drake Design Associates. He was recently seen in Luxe Magazine with a breathtaking bathroom. The woman I am standing with is Dalia Tamari from Dalia Kitchen Designs, a very large firm in Boston, MA. She actually has three showrooms in the Boston Design Center.








No comments:

Post a Comment