Saturday, August 14, 2010

My Many Recent Travels- Alabama

This yacht cabin is not your everyday beige and teak yacht cabin. My friends wanted this space to be glamorous and feminine, or at least she does :-) She has a picture of Marilyn Monroe that hangs in the bathroom of this cabin, which is what her inspiration was- Marilyn's Room. I designed and made all the bedding for this very awkwardly shaped mattress. Remember, the forward cabin is at the bow of the boat, which means the everything starts to get smaller. That is exactly what this mattress did! It took me 5 days to finish this bedding! But I think it came out great and they both were very happy with it. Next time I will ship my machine with me. No more using other people's sewing machines. That is the main reason it took so long- that AND the fact that its made from bridal satin, which is very slick and slippery. Anyways, I'm glad I did it and it really adds a lot to the space I think. I also helped her accessorize a bit to freshen things up and modernize a bit.

Also, I added in one of the beautiful sunsets I got to enjoy every evening :-)








No comments:

Post a Comment